Re: [ST] Rear Shock/Hyperpro

> I was just quoted $749 for a Hyperpro rear shock tailored to my RS and my
> weight.  It would have adjustable rebound, high and low speed compression
> damping and adjustable spring preload.  It is for the Type 41, remote
> reservoir type.
>
> Is this a good price?  Does anybody have one?  How does it work?  How much
> is the Penske or others?
>
> All I'm sure I need is a rear spring, but I may find I'll need a shock with
> the stiffer rear spring.  I'm also not a fan of progressive rate springs
> and that's all Hyperpro uses.

I'm considering the same shock. $750 is the list price. I know that www.whitebuffaloracing.com sells their fork spring and combi kits at a discount (17% or so). Not sure if they can sell the GP shocks cheaper or not.

I'm also considering doing the Hyperpro "combi" kit which is fork springs, oil and a progressive rear spring for $207 (from White Buffalo). I just don't know how much of my rear end "kicking up" is due to spring issues or damping issues.

- - Garry