Re: [ST] Honda CBR1000 HP

The rotational forces have to be transferred from the engine through
the clutch and transmission to the countershaft sprocket (which is the
output from the transmission) and then via the chain, to the rear
wheel.  Depending on the design and layout, there are a number of ways
to accomplish this but none of them are free of losses.  A
chain-driven motorcycle normally accomplishes this with about 85%
efficiency.
- --
HTH,
Rick in Oregon