[ST] for Dave - MSF courses

 >>> In my opinion, MSF is great.  My son won't touch his new bike
until he goes through that course.  "BUT" I definitely don't agree
with everything they teach..... They were constantly on my case for
having two fingers on the front brake.  Lots of other small things.
I just smiled and complied, then went back to what I was doing when
I left the training lot.   GREAT course, just not perfect. <<<

    I agree, no beginning rider should miss the basic course.  I've
accompanied all my kids & grandkids to the advanced course and not
everything should be taken as carved in stone.  I once asked why they
recommended four fingers on the brake lever on modern bikes equipped
with hydraulic brakes and adjustable levers;... the reason given
(researched, no less) was that the brake lever was SHAPED to
accommodate four fingers!  The same question asked at a couple other
classes elicited the same response.  It's called standardization.

                                doggydoo   - - - o&\o