Re: [ST] shutting down the ST

In your message regarding [ST] shutting down the ST dated Sat, 06 Mar
2004 09:06:21 -0500, CAPT Howard S. Serlick USNR said that ...

>CHSS- Dave and All:
>CHSS- 	In this instance forget what the MSF taught you when
>CHSS- it comes to shutting off the engine. You shut down
>CHSS- using the key. Otherwise you loose data that should be
>CHSS- stored to the engine management system for the next
>CHSS- reboot/restart.

Hi Howard

This has been stated numerous times on this list.  However, where is
the evidence to support this?  I frequently use the kill-switch -
invariably when I arrive home and have to temporarily park the bike
on a steep slope with an awkward camber necessitating both feet
firmly on the ground, bike in gear and holding it on the front brake,
thus cannot get to ignition switch.  I have *never* had a problem
restarting.

- --
Mike Bostock
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/