Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 08:21:52 -0800
From: Keith Winter <kwinter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re[2]: [ST] shutting down the ST

This issue/question has come up over and over again on this
list (almost as good as an oil thread :-).  Many years ago
(January 25, 2000, to be exact), when this list was actually
monitored by someone from Triumph, a Triumph official (Ross
Clifford) responded to the question at that time with the
following; I've saved it so I could post it when the
question comes up. I've copied his post in total; hopefully,
it will answer the questions of those who want to know the
details of why you should use the key instead of the kill
switch.

- - -Keith