[ST] Re: Racetech emulator valves

The fork emulators are already on my 99 ST. I did the
job myself and it was pretty straightforward thanks to
the instructions found on the ST site.
What I am talking about is the same valve system for
the rear shock. Race Tech advertises it for a 99/02
900 (??) Sprint ST with a 46mm Showa shock. Sounds
right to me and I wanted to know if someone on the
list has any experience with the mod.
Otherwise I am thinking of an EMC shock. They have a
good reputation in Europe (not imported in the US) and
at 400 euros (420 dollars) are quite a steal. I am a
pretty conservative rider and often do long rides over
several days. Hence the desire for improvement over
the OEM Showa (which is reasonably good by the way).
Penske/Ohlins are too much money for me.
Thanks

- --- "CAPT Howard S. Serlick USNR"
<serlick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Jean:
> 	I and many others have Racetech emulators (and
> springs) in our forks. Combined with better springs
> this upgrade is one of the best things you can do to
>
> improve the handling of your bike. This is money
> very
> well spent. If you are a mechanical type of person
> that
> has the proper tools &can follow directions, you can
> do
> it yourself. Otherwise use a good shop.
> Best,
> Howard Stephen Serlick