[ST] Alternative Suspension Fix

Hi All,
I have finally gotten to complete the install of a HyperPro fork and shock
spring replacement on my '02 ST.  Although I have not had the chance to do a
long range, multi-day ride test,  I would recommend looking into this kit as
an alternative to Race Tech emulators or a shock upgrade.   If you are big
into track days and willing to spend big bucks to get the last drop of
performance out of your ST or RS, this is probably not for you, maybe.  My
stock forks had a lot of harsh feedback from expansion joints and sharp
edged bumps.  That's gone.  Still feels "planted" in the turns.  To me
planted means the front tire maintains contact with the pavement.   The big
surprise was that I could get a better performing shock at the same time and
pay less than the Race Tech mod.  My stock rear end would squat or wiggle a
bit on landing after the bike got a bit light.  Without getting too
technical, couldn't do that anyhow, the rear also feels "planted" and the
squat is gone.  Bottom line is the suspension feels plush, but runs just as
hard.  Hard to believe, but that's the way it feels to me.

I am not saying that your stock shock with the new spring is better than a
Penske or Ohlin.  I'm not even saying the forks are "better" than the RT's.
What I am saying is that, for a whole bunch of guys, $210 buys you 90% what
$1000 plus worth of mods produce.  For me, I've realized that that final 10%
is most likely not achievable without complete body transplant.

A few parting points.  Don't confuse the HyperPro raising rate springs with
dual rate springs.  Hyperpro's selling point is that the spring is not a
"parts bin" spring but one that fits your bike.  Customer service has been
superb.  (Long story, I got the wrong shock spring, all worked out well in
the end, and Hyperpro bent over backward to make it end that way)  I got
positive feedback with same install on FZ1, ST1100 and another bike, BMW'er
I think.  Old time suspension tuners really don't like raising rate springs,
but I really think this is a case of old dogs and new tricks.

No, I don't work for Hyperpro.  No, I'm not getting a free anything.  They
just work for me.
Rod