Re: [ST] Re: Racetech emulator valves

Jean,
The Showa shock on the ST's is advertised as NOT rebuildable, even though I
have seen some folks that talked about rebuilding them.  When I put a new
spring on mine, it was tough getting info on even getting the spring off.
I also got accounts of suspension shops that would not touch that shock
because they were afraid of screwing it up.  If RT does have shock valves, I
would bet it is not a do it yourself project.  In my project  I found that
lots of the suspension people had problems sorting out Triumph models.  I
would recommend being overly cautious in making sure the vendor is providing
the right part.

When it comes to the shock,  I would recommend getting a rebuildable from
Ohlin, Penske, Hyperpro, Works Performance, etc because you spend what it
costs to get a new rebuildable (Hyperpro MSRP for preload, rebound
adjustable $500) after all work is completed.

Rod