RE: [ST] More Daytona Pics

>From: "Masiak, Richard" <Richard_Masiak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>Anyway, how many people from this list made it to Daytona?
>
>Rich

Well I didn't actually ride to Daytona to watch the races.  But I did ride
1186 miles round trip, just to watch the races on TV with some good folks
from around the country.  We all congregated in Mountain Home Arkansas for
the race, then went out separate ways on Sunday.  It was a great weekend,
and lots of good twisties there and back.

I had so much fun I chewed up a perfectly good, BT-020 on the way up and had
to have it replaced in Harrison.  The only shop that could do the job and
had a tire in stock was the Kawi dealership (GREAT mechanic there BTW).  So
now I have a 190 Pirelli Dragon on the back.  I gotta say it's an awesome
"sport" tire, and the 190 is quite amazing in the hard 100+ mph sweepers as
well as the tighter stuff.  Transition in the quick switchbacks is a bit
slower but nothing I can't deal with.  First impression is all good on a 190
rear, contrary to other reports.  I'm gonna have a Dragon front installed
next week, so I have a matched set.  Probably will only last me 3000 miles
or less, but ohhh what a fun 3K it's gonna be!!  My next scheduled trip is
to the Hill Country in April, that should be fun :))))

Steve Duncan
Tejas

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  ~Dave Barry