[ST] Shocked, just shocked

Well, I've got a Penske on Vixen (00 ST); bought it as a Daytona shock on
eBay, had it rebuilt at Penske (took two weeks, they asked me to wait till
after Daytona, AWESOME customer service) with new spring, valving,
clevises...and it works just great (have to pull the gas tank to change the
preload, but I only do that for loaded touring so NBD until the nylon
fittings fail). Works just awesome. Speed Triple has an Ohlins, which I
like a lot - in some ways might be better for a 'touring bike' - plusher.
But the service was so good at Penske, I'm a customer for life.

Racetech can rebuild the stock shocks; the late, great Tony Angco had them
rebuild the non-rebuildable Sachs on his Trophy and Trident. I've got
Racetech front ends on the Speed triple and ST, and swear by them...eat
rice and beans for a month and get them. You'll love it...

....and having ridden with Duncan in New Mexico, I can testify that his
rear end is in good shape...<g,d,f>

MarcD, getting hitched Saturday....

End of st-digest V2004 #131