Re: [ST] BMW F650GS

Steve,

I know exactly what you mean about the coolness factor.  I've been wanting
a Monster for quite a while but already have a garage full of bikes and
need to make room.  If we bring a Monster home on Saturday, the wife's
truck is gonna have to sit out in the driveway with mine.

I prefer having a V-Twin over a thumper!  The extra 20+ (claimed) ponies
the Duc brings to the table is also nice!  She currently rides a '95 Magna
and she finds it top heavy and hard to maneuver at parking lot speeds.  She
doesn't have a tremendous amount of upper body strength so it can be a chore.

At the motorcycle show up her, we looked at just about everything.  She
even sat on the Monster 620.  (they didn't have any other Monsters
there)  But nothing clicked.  We went to the BMW display where she found
the F650GSL.  It was almost love at first sight.  Well, she thought it was
ugly but found it to be very comfortable and not top heavy at all.  She
took one for a test ride and felt that it was very light on it's feet and
easy to control at parking lot speeds.  I think if they had a new one at
that dealership she would have wanted to take it home.  I still wasn't sold
on one so we continued to explore other bikes,  Now it's the Duc.  We'll
see how the ride goes this weekend if the weather gets better.

George