[ST] UPDATE!!! Frustrated with Shock Selection for Sprint RS....

Thanks for the info Dan.  I guess I only had to go off
of what suspension dealers where telling but no
worries.

I may be on to something here.  I called 'Tim' @
Penske's main office.  Apparently he's "the man" over
there and just got back from Daytona.  He stated that
While they don't have specs on the 2002+ Sprint RS,
they do have it for a 2000 Sprint RS.  According to
Canton Cycles Parts Dept. the part # for the Sprint RS
shock is the same throughout the years.  The only
difference is some small parts on the swing arm for
mounting.  So if Penske made a shock to fit to the old
RS I should be good to go for my 2002.

Now I personally have to decide on the Ohlins with
two-way adjustment (46pcrs model) and remote preload
adjuster for $850 or the Penske 2 or 3 way for $660 or
$960 w/ no remote preload adjuster.  I guess the lack
of remote preload adjuster isn't as big a deal on the
Penskes as their adjuster is very easy and not your
typical spanner wrench adjuster, so I can live with
that.

I want to thank everyone's help on the board.  I
learned a lot about who makes what or who DID make
what for what bike and I appreciate their help.  I
know there is at least one lurker on the board by the
name of 'Dave' who called Rev Limit Racing to get a
price quote on the Ohlins they still have in stock.  I
guess when I called in again to speak with them they
thought I was 'Dave' so at least one lister is
benefiting!

Thanks,

Bryce