[ST] summer of '66

That summer, following my sophomore year of college, I got my dream job....assistant mechanic at Furnwick enterprises, a Honda/Triumph dealer in Northern Long Island, about 10 miles east of Huntington where I grew up. My job was to take the new bikes out of the crates, set the valves, put in the fluids, and drive them around the alley way to the front of the building.  With the triumphs, I immediately set a cookie tray under each brand new bike, to catch their precious dripping life's blood!  I  also did the basic tune-ups.  Several times the owner let me leave my 500cc Triumph "Jack Pine" at the shop for the weekend, and take home the white with orange stripes Bonneville demonstrator.  Pure Heaven!!!
Matt, Portland, OR