Re: [ST] GPS?

Rod Brown wrote:

>Bryce,
>What my intent is that you get something that you will like and keep.
>I like my GPS V a lot but I take long trips which means sooner or later I'm
>going to get another one so I can load more map.  At right on $500 when I
>got it including software, I sure wish I would have added a couple hundred
>more to get one with a memory card.
>
>Good luck,
>Rod

Rod,
   Are you limited to using a laptop or desktop to load the maps?  Can
they be loaded onto a PDA and then loaded as needed into the GPS?
I have a 256MB ps2 solid state card which I use to move programs back
and forth from work to home. Would something like this work or are these
GPS units using proprietary memory cards?
Al Garvin