RE: [ST] GPS as a Speedometer vs. Bicycle Computer

I knew you were a wimp, stEVE.

Andrew F. Kay, Jr.
Riders of the Lost Empire, LC,  13355 79th Street, Fellsmere, FL 32948
www.lostempire.com   andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything."  Edward
John Phelps, 1822 - 1900

>From: "Denis Liakos" <denoose@xxxxxxx>
>
>Are we RIDING MOTORCYCLES or attempting to send another rover to
>Mars??? Jeeziz! Some of you astute fellows obviously need to take a
>ride....you're suffering from TooMuchFreeTimeOffTheBike...

Last summer, on a high speed run across the wide open spaces of west
Texas,
I hammered it in 5th, and looked down just in time to see the needle
hover
past the 160 mark.  I did not take the time to think, "is this actual",
what
is the conversion table, what would a bike speedo or a GPS be
registering??
NO, all I thought was DAMN, that's damn fast!!!  And then I slowed
down,, a
bit.

Steve Duncan
Tejas, a state of mind