Re: [ST] Eastern Rally

Actually, It doesn't take a LOT of time to organize the rally, most of the
preliminary stuff can be done over the phone.  Ride routes can be done with
a map if you live in the area and it's your regular stomping grounds.  It
does take time to visit the hotel and do a face to face with the
owner/manager, making sure the location is good and the ownership is
prepared for us, and pre-riding the routes is very important, but, then we
all ride during the summer anyway.  Any food issue for the banquet can
usually be taken care of through the hotel.  The exec board takes care of
the insurance, AMA sanctioning and a bunch of other details.

What a rally coordinator does need to make the job easy is to have a good
familiarity with the area being proposed and time to ride, something most
of us have already.  The dealer support can be a bit harder, but if you
have a relationship with your local dealership, all it usually takes is to
ask.  Some dealers will put out a lot more effort than others.  I went into
my local dealer and asked him if he would like to help with last year's
rally.  What we got was a promise to be available to help riders with
problems and some really great door prizes for last years Red River NM
rally.

For the ride routes, I went to as many of my riding friends as I could and
asked them what one route from Red River they would ride.  They came up
with some great suggestions.

This isn't for everyone and everyone doesn't have even this much time.
However, I think there must be someone or a group of people who would be
willing to do this, this year??????

Dan.

Dan Wallander
Albuquerque, New Mexico