Re: [ST] Eastern Rally

I've been riding in the aera (Pocahontas) quite a few
times. Unbelievable roads !! Cass is a nice place and
the site of the Railway Museum (pretty nice). Quite a
few accomodations including
http://www.cassrailroad.com/cottages.html.
That could help split the cost of one or two nights
between several riders.
The museum organizes a "dinner train" that leaves Cass
on Saturdays at 5pm from end May until end September.

Dealerwise, West Virginia is not exactly Triumph's
backyard. Beckley "Honda" pops up with a dealer
location search but I have no experience with them.
They are 120 miles away from Cass. Millerbuilt in
Lynchburg (VA) is 150 miles away and very nice though
not a big operation. My 99ST was bought there (not by
me)and I paid them a visit to buy some oil and parts
last summer. The ride from Lynchburg to Cass crossing
the Blue Ridge East/West could be very nice.
I don't have much time on my hands but if we were to
do it, I could ride there mid-May with another
interested lister and check the accomodation and the
dealer.
(I am in Chevy Chase, MD, next to DC))

- --- "Heyer, Matthew A." <mheyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.pocahontas.org/motorcycletou/
> <http://www.pocahontas.org/motorcycletou/>
>
> Just a thought.  People seem to like the idea of
> having it in West Virginia.
> They have mapped routes already set up, a lodging
> link with motels/hotels,
> bed & breakfasts, cabins, condominiums, etc.  The
> only thing I guess that is
> missing is some local knowledge and a dealer.  If
> someone has those two
> pieces, it may be mostly set up already!
>
> Matt Heyer
> '01 BRG Sprint ST
>

>      *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *
>       The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by Jack
> Lilley Ltd.
>           http://www.TriumphNet.com/st/lilley for
> more info
>    http://www.TriumphNet.com/st for ST, RS and