RE: [ST] Not a tire thread!

Shawn,

My stock Bridgestones got me about 7K before I needed to change them, so you're in the ballpark.

If you're close to a race track that does m/c racing, here's the trick to save money.

1) buy your new tyres online.

2) take off your wheels yourself.

3) bring said wheels and new tyres to the race track on race day, i.e. there's one comin out there in a couple of weeks somewhere.

4) try one of the many tyre mfr.s  the dunlop guy out here offered to change and balance for $8 each.

Heck who knows, you might even get a good deal on the tyres themselves at the track too.  I never tried that yet, but they got everything there with them.

When I was leaving the Daytona paddock area after the races, there was a guy negotiating to get a pair of Pirelli throw aways.  I saw the tread on some of the tyres in the throw-away pile and they were still like brand new (from a street point of view)

I wonder if he got them?

Rich