RE: [ST] Triumph throw-over soft bags

I have the soft bags, but have not had a passenger on at the same time.  The
mounting assembly for the bags is a piece of nylon material about as wide as
the seat, about 5-8" long and which tapers a little at one end.  The nylon
piece has two straps that encircle it.  You take the seat off and slide the
nylon piece over the seat.  The straps go under the seat and that's what
keeps it and the bags firmly attached to the bike.  Attached to this piece
of nylon, on the top and towards the outer edges of the seat, are the quick
release connectors for the bags.  Once in place, there are a few pieces of
the strap that kind of stick up on top where the passenger would sit.  It is
not completely smooth and I wondered if I had a passenger on with the bags
would I have to wrap it in something or cover it with something to be
comfortable.  I haven't given it much thought beyond that, but I don't think
you could mount it any other way than the way it is designed.  My guess is
that you'd probably want to come up with something that would smooth over
the areas where the straps are.

I know this doesn't answer your question fully, but I hope it helps some.

Chris Warren
'01 ST Blue
Missouri City, TX