[ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #149

[...]

> Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:48:52 -0600
> From: "STeve Duncan" <xhippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: RE: [ST] Eastern Rally
>
> >From: Erik Miner <eeminer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >Hey  Steve D remember the nice State Ranger that almost took you away in
> >cuffs :-)

> Gee Erik, funny you would remember that  :))
>
> The guy had no sense of humor.  Showed up and started yelling for all of
us
> to disperse immediately or he would haul us off to jail.  We weren't even
> being that loud, and it wasn't even that late yet.
>
> I guess my comment of "well, gee officer, I guess the wheelie contest is
out
> of the question" got him in a tizzy.  He offered to haul my ass off first.
> I deferred.  But did not stop the party.  We just migrated indoors.

[...]

Not to start an West vs East row but why would anyone West of the Rockies
want to ride all that distance to the "relative" flatland; higher population
density, extreme humidity
(bugs) of any place East of Denver or middle New Mexico? To the North, the
line would be Idaho and the Cascade's. I live in what may be the hottest
(temp wise) metro in the USA but the cool mountains are within an Hours ride
and the humidity & bugs are nearly non existent.

BTW, I grew up in Omaha an traveled the South & Eastern seaboard extensively
when I was in the USAF in the 60's. You' all have a few good roads in WV,
Penn & Kentucky but that 11 mile Dragon has got to be as crowded (cops too)
as our metro freeways 90% of the time.
I've seen video's of the Gap & Shenandoah/ Blue ridge Parkway and guys it
looks nice but very crowded. I think if I were to attend any races near
Birmingham (Barber) I'd fly out (avoiding Texas) but will ride to WSB at
Seca again this summer and while I'm there, ride the awesome roads around
the SFBA and NORCAL. Also IMHO, any riding group larger than 6 is a cluster
f*ck -:)
BTW, wasn't it the fellow from Albuquerque who wanted to ride far East when
he lives in God's country (only a stones throw from the Devil's HWY
191/180/77 loop)? Not to mention sparsely populated Colorado and his own
state.

There....flame away, my fellow Eastern/ Deep South & mid Western
Sprinters -:)
Please take it as a friendly (WvsE) rib poke, not a personal insult.

PS. Are there any, Canadians, Europeans, Australians, NZ or South Africans
to round out the Sprint list? I'd like to hear what it's like to ride in the
Alps or mountain of NZ?
PSS. I hear you Chicagolanders have some nice roads up in Wisconsin but the
deer outnumber the bugs -:)

Bob Nixon: PHX metro (year round riding) & 330 days of sunshine/year
01 Sprint ST "RED"
03 GSXR K3 "Silver"