[ST] Why Ride at all ????

>Because it's there.
>
>Because there will be new people to make friends with.
>
>Because you could have fun somewhere other than your own back yard.
>
>Because.....
>
>Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen

Well Damn, Dirty One, that is almost poetic  ::)))   And right on, BTW.

So, it really comes to this, doesn't it?  WHY, why ride at all?  It
certainly isn't the most logical way to get from point A to B.  For all the
reasons we all know so well,  but it has one thing that no other form of
transportation has, and that is TWO wheels, no more no less, and in those
two wheels is everything else that makes it a lifetime obsession for some of
us.  Right, Steve-o ???

So, we ride across the great wide open, all day and/or all night.  600, 700,
a Thousand miles at a click.  And we LOVE it.  It is freedom, it is
adventure, it is our life and our lifeforce.  Sure the twisty bits are the
most fun, but sometimes crossing those long flat plains, under a full moon,
at speed becomes our cathedral, with stars for a roof.  And when the winds
and the rains, and the frigid temps or heat of hell try and stop us, we
soldier on.  And we have better stories to tell at the end of the ride. And
we love it.

No offense, Bob from the left coast <BG>   But if all motorcycling is for
you, is blasting around on your local backroads, then you and I have a
different interpretation of the sport.  Or more accurately, it is way way
more than just a sport to me, it's been my way of life for more years than I
care to mention.  And I love it still, and always will.

Steve Duncan
Tejas, a state of mind

'00 Sprint-ST