- --Original Message Text---
From: Nick
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:57:39 -0000

Has anybody had any trouble removing the shims??.  I have the special tool
attached holding the valve open, the cam lobe away from the shim, the slot
in the bucket in the correct position and clearance between the cam and
shim.    Will the shim come out :  NO !!!.  It shows a pretty picture of
someone taking it out with ease in the manual, but not for me.

I have tried a small amount of petrol on it to try and break the vacuum seal of
the fully synthetic oil between the shim and bucket and feel that heat is a bit
drastic.  Any ideas ??  Anybody else had this problem and solved it ?? The
special tool leg is not touching the shim, only the bucket edge.  Any tricks of
the trade ??  - Thanks in advance - Nick.