Re: [ST] RAM Mount

In a previous email, Denis Liakos stated:
> '01 Neon Blue SP3, bare ass (with a honkin new CF can, Sargent seat
                     ^^^^^^^^         ^^^^^^
                     Uh.... No, on second thought, I'm not going there.

In a previous email, STeve Duncan stated:
> Get out and RIDE, no route, no destination.  Get lost.  Have fun.
> Ride. Leave the toys at home.  Scrape some pegs.

I couldn't agree with you more. Some of my most enjoyable rides have
been "Hmmm. I wonder where this road goes." I tend to stick to county
roads. They're great for telling you if you're going N, S, E, or W. My
Boy Scout training has me on the look-out for direction indicators too.
Time of day and shadows, and weather vanes too!

In a previous email at 1:03am, shortly after closing time, Bryce stated:
> Yeah screw technology and the assurance it brings me
> that I'll make my turns on my 4k mile trip this
> year...screw technology...:p

On the other hand I also agree with the concept of "Be prepared." (More
Boy Scout training.) However, I have also seen people get too bogged
down with technology to the point that when there is a system failure
they don't know what to do.

When I have a particular (or peculiar) destination I check Mapquest, dig
out the paper maps, study them to the point where I have some alternate
route planned and imbedded in my head. Besides, I enjoy looking at maps.

- --
Steve "Devil Dawg" Lawler
- -former member of Troop 389, South Windsor ,CT
- -BFA UConn '83 with a minor in Cartography (Go Huskies!)
- -Verona, NJ, USA, Earth

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"We're not lost. We're locationally challenged."
            -- John M. Ford