Re: [ST] Question about installing Skyking frame sliders

At 11:01 25/03/2004, you wrote:

>Good morning everyone,

Good afternoon from across the pond,

>So I took the plunge and bought both the Skyking mirror extenders and the
>frame sliders.  The mirror extenders are incredible, totally solve the 6
>o'clock blind spot problem!

I still haven't quite got round to doing this. Sounds like a good
modification though.

>Now for the sliders; doesn't look like it will be too hard to install them.
>However, on the left side I can see a hose running from the radiator that
>partially obscures the T55 bolt (this is an '03 ST).  When I install the
>slider, I will have to force the hose down a bit, and it will have this
>pressure applied to it from then on.

I've got an '02 ST. Mine has had the frame slider installed as you describe
for 6000 miles with no issues. I actually needed a replacement radiator
(replaced under warranty) as the last one sprung a leak at the other side
(bottom corner) and it touches just the same. When I emailed John King they
assured me the temperature rating of the hose would withstand any heat
coming from the slider as it does get hot. For abrasion against the slider
I ended up wrapping some black duct tape on the slider and check it now and
then, but so far, no problem.

I also meant to but some longer suitable hose, but yet again, never quite
got round to it ....

Does anyone know the bore and external diameter of that particular hose?

- - Stephen (Spud) McS.
02 BRG ST - enjoying the Spring sunshine in Scotland - heck it was even not
very icy this morning!