[ST] Suspension.. Cont...

Hey guys and gals, I have seen several emails go back and forth about rear shocks. My rear (I guess it must be rather large) sags around turns and when we ride two up through canyons, seem to hit bottom from time to time. I have the preload adjusted, and also added more rebound dampening. I would love to find a hell of a deal on a good shock though.

I did received pricing from Dave Quinn, the US HAgon dealer, and that shock sounds ok. What I would REALLY like to install is the Ohlin.

Their marketing team sent back a response that they are still manufacturing the shock for the 99 ST. I have a 2000, the part number they gave me (started with a T) was not the same as the part number that I found on their site.

Does anyone on the list know if the 99 and 2000+ all use the same mounts? I thought the 99 was the new version, 98 being the previous model. I just hate to get it and have it not fit.

I did note receive pricing on the unit, probably would have fallen off my chair.

Thanks for the input and SORRY if this is beating a dead horse!

Derek