[ST] Triumph Raptor Wear Review

Last weekend I picked up my new red/black Raptor jacket and pants.  I
had a chance to wear them when riding on Sunday.  It ended up being a
bit cool in them, but the ventilation will be most welcome in another
month.  The jacket fit and wore great.  The pants, however, need some
work.  First, I am now one size smaller than what they say is the
"average" size (if there is really such a thing) for a woman in these
United States.  I have the large Raptor pants and anyone larger than me
will have a problem with them.  They are snug, and I should have thrown
a leg of a Tiger while I was at the dealer trying them on becuase I
would have discovered that the knee pads are not in the right spot.
Now, granted, I am a little on the tall side for a female (5'8").  I
have now turned the knee pads upside down and they appear to fit better
while I am riding, although that does not completely provide the
intended protection, but it is far less annoying, and annoyance can
cause injury.  I will see if the pouch for the knee pads can be altered
to place them correctly on my knee.

I would definitely recommend the jacket to anyone who wants a vented
jacket that appears to provide good crash protection (armor) and appears
to be more substantial the a Joe Rocket Phoenix.  If any woman out there
wants the pants as well, I would definitely recommend trying them on
first and throwing a leg over to see how they work for her.

BTW, it looks like the STs may go on the sale block.  We're just not
riding them much since the Tiggers entered our garage. . . .

Lisa
'99 Sprint ST
'03 Tiger