RE: [ST] What's it like in the DC/Dulles Area for biking?

First the bad news.  The housing?  San Francisco comes to mind...  It's
truly exorbitant here.  I won't discourage you too much, so I'll just stop
there.  Well, you'll be a bit better off being somewhat removed from DC.
The Arlington, VA and Montgomery County, MD area is where the real estate is
truly through the roof.

As for groups, I personally ride with the DC RATS.  We meet at a bar that
serves breakfast on Saturday mornings, and head out for rides.  Sometimes
impromptu, sometimes planned (over to Annapolis by the water, to see a race
in WV - not as far as it might sound - or just our local favorite routes).

As for the riding, a little ride out west will gain you a lot.  But if you
know where to go, there are some great little rides in the area.  Some
twisty stuff that we all like to hang it out on.

All in all, if the cost of living doesn't bring you to tears, it is a great
area.  Tons to do.  Always things going on in the city.  Bars, festivals,
museums, exhibits, monuments, whatever you're looking for.  Plus, just
outside the city, you'd be surprised how quickly you can get into some nice
peaceful, pretty areas.

Hope that helps,

Matt Heyer
'01 BRG Sprint ST