[ST] "clunking" sound from cush drive

I'm getting a "clunk" from my cush drive, and its almost as if its in an
eccentric orbit now.  Its kinda hard to describe, but I'm thinking MAYBE
this is related to chain tension?  (The factory service manual is great for
telling you how to take things apart and put them back together, lousy for
diagnosis!)

I don't want to be trashing my drive train, help me out here please.

Rode with David Earl today, even swapped his ST for my RS for a circuit
around the Loop.  As always, Mr. Earl was a consummate rider and gentleman,
and man, does that Racetech make a difference!  While not quite as cushy a
ride, his Racetech'd ST had none of the wallowing that my RS experiences.
(Of course, his suspension is also set up correctly, whereas I've never
fiddled with mine.)

Dawgs brake for burros.