[ST] RE: RS ergos...

Stan,

I try not to take offense to people posting their opinion on boards/lists
like this, but yours set me to typing nonetheless...

I happen to find the RS's ergo's just about perfect for me.  Of course, I'm
6'1" with a little longer than average arms, but hey that's just me.
There's plenty that you can to do modify the bar position on the RS to make
it more comfortable.  You've taken step 1 by installing the ST bars and it
sounds like you're ready for step 2 by thinking of the heli's.  But I've
just got one question for you - you knew that you were buying a "sport"
(using term loosely) bike when you bought the RS, right?  If you didn't want
the more aggressive riding position you shoulda looked elsewhere for a ride
in the first place.  I don't' know about you but I test rode the RS, ST,
Tiger and others before thinking about laying out the kind of money that a
new bike costs.  And also, I find that every spring it takes my body a
couple of rides to get back into riding shape, so maybe the "tiller"
feelings will go away with a little more riding...

As for the glut of used RS's on the market, chalk that up to a lot of stupid
people not realizing that they've got one of the best do it all bikes on the
market.  My RS cost less than a V-strom new, has insurance premiums a third
of what a VFR would have (for me) and with a properly skilled rider will
keep up with just about anything out there.  I've done 600 mile interstate
days fully loaded w/ camping gear and track days all on the same mule.

This is just my humble *cough* *cough* opinion and probably a good example
of why the "delete" key is featured on each and every keyboard made...

Most importantly, keep the rubber side down, whatever you're riding.

Nate
00SprintRS