[ST] for John - Monkeying around with an RS

   In 1999, I had a deposit on an ST but switched it to an RS when I
learned it would become available in 2000.  Good decision!  Compared
to my old Sprint the seat was great but the bars sucked,... they were
at a weird angle, too low, too far forward, and worst of all, the
angle between the handgrip and the opposite footpeg didn't provide
enough leverage for flicking the bike over the top in transitions.
Adding GenMar risers - better; adding ST bars on top of the GenMars -
better still.  Finally replacing the clip-ons with LSL risers and
aluminum tubular Daytona bars - perfect!  Now there's leverage for
throwing the bike around combined with completely comfortable wrists.
More than 25'000 miles and wouldn't trade it for anything now being
offered.  We had to make the same mod to the big Interceptors back in
the mid-80s.                   Have fun;
                                          doggydoo   - - - o&\o