Re: [ST] Very quiet ST (similar problem)

Quoting Steve Lawler <slawler@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Denis Liakos wrote:
> > I don't have any electrical expertise, which is shocking...
>
> Ba-dum
>
> Tish
>
> Basic electrical troubleshooting:
>
>                         Turn it on.
>                        Does it work?
>                       /             \
>                    NO                YES
>                     |                 |
>                Plug it in.         You're all set.
>               Does it work?
>               /           \
>             NO            YES
>              |             |
>         Replace it.      You're all set.

Fixing electrics in 10 easy steps.

Tools required:

1: Circuit Diagram
2: DVM
3: Pliers
4: WD40
5: Lump hammer

Preceed as follows:-

[1] Remove all fairing panels and seat.
[2] Consult circuit diagram to ascertain electrical connections and wire
colours.
[3] Trace cables to connectors and switches and relays etc. Check for
voltage/continuity at all nodes.
[4] Continue doing this for at least one hour.
[5] Pick up Lump Hammer and hurl it at wall at back of garage.
[6] Go to fridge to drink can of beer
[7] Retrieve Lump Hammer

Consult circuit diagram to ascertain electrical connection and wire colours.

[8] Wake up.
[9] Phone mate with bike trailer/pickup to take remains of bike to local
dealer.
[10] Go home and drink some coffee.

HTH

- --