[ST] Death has no sense of timing

This has been the longest year I've ever had this week.

Richard Wildaur was a guy my parents introduced me too as I was growing up.
He was one of the first of their riding friends to make an impression on me.
He's been a part of my life since I was 3 years old.  I learned a great deal
about how to live life the right way from him.  Even as a child he treated
me as just a smaller adult, and I always considered him a great friend for
that.  He died of a heart rupture doing landscaping at his house Sunday
April 25th.  2 weeks after his doctor gave him a clean bill of health on his
regular check up.  He was only 50. True to his wishes we did not have a
funeral/heavy wake kind of thing.  We threw a party at his place to share
stories around a fire, eat, drink(lots of drinking) and confirm what we all
knew, Richard was a very special person in many peoples lives.  I lost track
of how many people passed through the house this Sat, but it was defiantly
in the hundreds.  Richard always did like a full house.  His family, his
wife's family, old college roommates, co-workers from the multitude of
different jobs he's held over the years, and riding buddies all talked the
day away, grieved in a few different ways, and sent Richard off with as much
celebration as we could muster.  Picnic tables were chainsawed and
sacrificed on the fire, he loved a good bonfire.  And many a good bottle of
whiskey was emptied.  His wife made sure we all knew he never regretted his
life, and defiantly cherished his friendships.  He was one of the good guys,
and a real rider.

Steven Kohlscheen
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
AMA life member #548538