[ST] 1st of season "666-Coronado trail" ride report + photo link

Greeting Sprinters, I thought I'd post my Saturday 600 mile day trip, ride
report.

Just returned  @ 7:30 p.m.. The trip took a predictable 12 Hours & 15
Minutes at an average speed of 54.7MPH. Most the cruising was 85-90 and we
didn't actually leave until 7:15 this morning. No tickets or close calls.
The bottom section of 191/666-Coronado Trail was pretty sandy or as it
always is after the winter, but the rest was in great shape. Not a Deer or
Elk sighted all day.

The itinerary:

Left the Mobil station on Idaho Rd at 7:30. Stopped briefly in Globe for
nature call. Got gas in Safford and had a speedy breakfast at McD's around
9:30AM. Topped off again in Morenci and John led up the trail. we stopped at
Hannigan meadow then ate a sit-down lunch at the Cafe in Alpine.

Went about 70 miles down 180 and stopped for 15 minutes in Glenwood New
Mexico then turned back toward Arizona about 20 miles South at Mule creek
road-(78). Gas again
in Safford, then a quick hydration stop in Globe. Near Florence Junction I
passed a couple of two-up Harleys who might have been drinking. They
defiantly speed up and re-passed (nearly clipping me). We went back & forth
like this a couple of time then John pulled up along side me and waved to
let um' go. No sense staffing them at 150 just to prove something and thus
far we'd been lucky & didn't need a cop spotting our shenanigans.

The total mileage was 564.65 + 25-(my house to Idaho Rd)=589.64 total miles.
The extra 25 because I didn't turn the GPS on until we left the gas station.
Top speed for the day was a paltry 136 True GPS when I did a brief top gear
roll on before Clifton on 191.

The GSXR is no sport tourer but, all in all, not terribly uncomfortable with
the recently installed "convertabars". Wind protection and vibration at over
100MPH was not up to the Triumph's standards. I may have to ride it again
next weekend unless my new tires come in for both bikes. (Sprint need them
more)

All clear for another 191 run next weekend with a larger group from our
local riding list, Scratchers- "Team Chicken Strips".

OBTW, Only sprinkles near Alpine and a few in New Mexico. The scenery
wasgorgeous this time of year; very green and still some snow above 8K feet.
Photos & mapquest links below.

http://extexltd.com/bigrex/191_04-1/

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adpcountry=US&countryid=250&addtohistory=&searchtab=address&searchtype=address&address=&city=Clifton&state=Az&zipcode=&search=++Search++

Zoom out & scroll around for the entire route.

Bob Nixon
01 Sprint ST "43K miles
03 GSXR 1K