Re: [ST] for Steve - oil filter torque

don draper wrote:
>  >>> Torque wrench on an oil filter? Kind of goes against everything
> that I was taught. What sort of torque are we talking here? <<<
>
>     C'mon Steve,... you've been around longer than that!  Finger
> tight plus one-quarter turn.          =8o)

I guess what I was trying to say was I was taught that you stick your
finger in the fresh oil, run it along the gasket, thread it on until it
seats then turn it as tight as you can with your hand. Never use a
wrench on it.

BTW Good to hear that you had a great trip to NZ. You seem to have come
back all refreshed and as sharp and witty as you always have been. I've
always hoped to make a riding vacation in the Alps but after reading
your comments I've set my sights on NZ.

- --
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA, Earth