RE: [ST] for Steve - the Alps

> IMHO the Alps are better than the Pyrenees ...

Both are very good. I think two can offer what Don describes.

I've spent several weeks in Alps without taking fast roads. And you can also have fast roads in Pyrenees. I love both. Massif central is also less spectular (less high in altitude, but great roads). One of the best ride I've done is to cross Pyrennees coming from Périgord, cross Alps from south to north and coming back through massif central and Morvan. One of my best trip.

My wife and me are like Don. We don't like higways. I've spent one week in Alps in summer without meeting a tourist, except for an 40 yo car's convoy. It was in the Chartreuse. I remember also a 40km tour in 3 hours with a Daytona 1200. My best chrono ;) Scenery was wonderful..

Plenty of things to tell also about Pyrenees.

Alps or Pyrenees. No importance except a good detailed map in both cases.

For beer, I let you choose. Personally I prefer wine ;)

Regards

Pascal Auger
'00 silver Daytona 955
'01 blue Sprint ST