Re: [ST] Dead ST

On Mon, 17 May 2004 11:47:48 +0000, Edward Neu wrote
> I was roaring along yesterday avoiding the apparently pending rain
> and thinking, "God this thing is running great".  Well I came to a
> stop at a remote stop sign and  as I took off and hit second, the
> bike acted like I hit 5th  and stalled out.  It would not start, the
> starter turns but no fire.  Well I pushed for a while until some
> kind folks offered that I could leave my bike with them and they
> would give me a ride.  I will swing by with a trailer and pick it
> up.   I just filled it with gas ($10 !).  There was no leaks, I
> noticed that the fuel guage took a while to get to full, it may
> always but i noticed it this time.  Any one ever have something like
> this happen?  I suspect the engine management system, what about the
> timing belt, if it breaks do the valves collide with the pistons?
>
> It is a 2001 BRG ST, about 10K of so far trouble free miles, except
> for when the high pressure quick connect fuel fitting gave way.

Was that $10 of gas or $10 of water [1] :( Worth checking...

[1] I've know petrol(gas) stations that have this problem when the tanks are
low.

- --
SimonB - South Wales. BOF#32
email simonb_at_zapik_dot_co_dot_uk@xxxxxxx
http://simonb.zapik.com
Triumph Sprint ST, ZXR750L2 Wazimbaki. Kawasaki Z1R *Still For Sale*
CON of the month http://zapik.com/simonb/fiddle.html