Re: [ST] for Rico - alps vs pyrenees

Hi Don!

I rode through the Alps and I rode through the Pyrenees. When you look at
the Alps you can drive from Vienna in Austria (one end) to Nizza in France
(the other end) - in this nearly 4000 km or approx. 2500 miles you will find
all riding conditions - from your loved "white lines", gravel, sand, narrow
ways of the lower category up to streets like highways in the Swiss Alps.
The characteristics you defined for the Pyrenees you can find in the Alps
also, especially in the Western Alps of Italy and France (Haute Provence).
You will find the second largest canyon route in the world after Grand
Canyon in the USA (Grand Canyon du Verdun), the nicest gorges with violet
schist and natural streets including tunnels made in 1900. You like roads
with less traffic and stronger conditions - take Col de Parpaillon. When I
was on the top of this Pass (2645m high) I found a tunnel built in 1902 with
real icicle in mid of June and then I rembered the words in the "bible" of
the lovers of alpine passes, the "Denzel": only for Enduros... Fortunately
my ST can't read this book :-)
You will find the best asphalt surface in Italy, the narrowest ways in
France, the craziest enduro routes at the border between Italy and France
and the highest alpine pass with asphalt in France (Cime de la Bonnette,
2802m).

If you want to see a few pictures of the different possibilities in the Alps
take a look on my old (german) website,
http://alpenmotorrad.motorradseiten.at. This year I have decided to revise
the page but the weather forces me to ride and not to seat behind the PC.

So maybe you will find some new impressions and hopefully you can take a
trip to the alps - on a Triumph :-)

enjoy your rides

Enrico
- --
'00 ST 'BlueBelle'
Vienna, Austria, Europe
if you will find misspelling or errors in grammar - they are for free :-)