Re: [ST] for Rico - alps vs pyrenees

In a previous email, Enrico Schuerrer stated:
> If you will come to Vienna your beer would be for free :-)
> The prices for tickets are really low at the moment in the relation
> USA/Austria - and there are Triumph riders here in the old world ;-) So the
> best way is to take your honey with you and than you can learn together to
> say "Ein Bier, bitte!" :) Nevertheless, Vienna is famous for the wine. Not
> so sweet and lovely as the Californian ones but they are ok... So we could
> visit a "Heuriger", which means a sort of wineyard in the prealps.

Many thanks for the invitation, Enrico. I will gladly stick with the
beer. After one particular night in Vienna 19 years ago, I vowed never
to drink wine with the locals there. If you say the words "wine" and
"Vienna" to my wife you will hear all the sordid details. She remembers
that night better than I do. It's a good thing that she doesn't know
that "wine" misspelled is "Wien."

- --
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA, Earth

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages."
            -- William H. Mauldin