RE: [ST] I smell Gas

> According to my 2002 service manual, 5 Nm The manual warns not to
> over-tighten them as this could damange the threaded inserts in the
tank.

> Garry

Thanks Garry. I am sure I did them a bit tighter than that but I did not
strip anything.

Turns out it is neither the flange nor the quick disconnects.

The fuel gauge sender is the culprit. I pulled the tank and the wires to
the fuel sender were wet. It looks like it is leaking where the wires go
into the sender. I assume that this was caused by me placing the tank on
the ground and the wires getting bent. Seems like a bad design to me.
Also I think there were problems before as the top part of the
insulation on the wires has been removed and there was electrical tap
there.

So other than getting a new sender does anyone have an ideas? Wasn't
there some kind of recall?

Rupert