RE: [ST] I smell Gas

Thank you all for your suggestions. I removed what epoxy I could from
around the edges. Sanded and cleaned the surface. Then I applied a new
layer of fuel resistant epoxy going all the way out to the edge of the
metal. Hopefully it will be better than new.
http://www.rgalea.com/pics/ST_Sender.jpg

My ST is from early 99. There was some kind of unofficial recall as some
of the senders were not reading right. These were replaced with senders
that eventually leaked so there was a second recall. As far as I can
make out both of these recalls were carried out on my ST.

Rick mentioned that the second recall was caused by the vendor not
making sure the sheath around the wires was not out of the way when the
wires were epoxied in. This does not look like the case on my sender and
in fact a large part of the sheath was removed and there was some
electrical tape around the end. As far as I can make out it was leaking
from the edge of the epoxy not from the wires.

Rupert