From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug
Bailey
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2004 12:54 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] 10/10ths for ACS

Hey All,

If I'll ride 10,000 miles can you make a donation?

I've decided to do a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society this
summer.  I'm going to ride a 10/10ths ride (10,000 miles in 10 days) for
ACS July 2-11.  It has been fours years of long distance riding on the
ST building up to this.  I'm an experience LD rider and know this will
be difficult to say the least, but last years 8 day, 7300 mile ride was
a good measure for the 10/10ths ride  My goal for the 10,000 mile ride
is to raise $10,000.  With this high goal I'll be asking the motorcycle
industry and motorcycling community for donations.

Of course I'm covering all expenses of the trip so that all donations go
to ACS.  The local chapter has given me a web page with their Relay for
Life pages so that you can make online donations directly to ACS at
www.acsevents.org/relay/in/allencounty.  Select Sponsor a Participant
and input my name, Doug Bailey.  Or if you would prefer to send a check
it can be made out to American Cancer Society and mailed to American
Cancer Society, 111 E. Ludwig Road, Suite 105, Fort Wayne, IN,  46825,
Attn: Carmen Parker.  On your check note that it is for Doug's
Motorcycle Ride.

I want to keep this short here so if you have any questions about my
ride, why I'm doing this, or the American Cancer Society please contact
me off list at Dougthe2WF@xxxxxxxx

For those of you annoyed that I'm asking for donations on the ST/RS
list, well, I'm sorry.  With the enormity of the ride and the amount I'm
wanting to raise I need to get all the generosity from the motorcycle
community as I can.  I have a 2000 ST, that will turn 100K miles this
year, and have been a lister since, I just don't send much anymore.

Thank you for your help.

Doug Bailey

- ------=_NextPart_000_01CD_01C44168.FCD331C0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-asci=
i">
<TITLE>Message</TITLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY=20
style=3D"BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; FONT: 10pt v=
erdana; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none">
<DIV><SPAN class=3D748451712-24052004><FONT face=3Dverdana>Doug, we will =
send you a=20
check and couple of RotLE stickers for the ride.&nbsp; Good luck , ride=20
well!</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><!-- Converted from text/plain format -->
<P align=3Dleft>Andrew F. Kay, Jr.<BR>Riders of the Lost Empire, LC,&nbsp=
; 13355=20
79th Street,&nbsp;Fellsmere, FL 32948&nbsp; &nbsp;<A=20
href=3D"http://www.lostempire.com/";>www.lostempire.com</A><FONT=20
face=3DArial>&nbsp;&nbsp; <A href=3D"mailto:andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx</FONT></A></FONT><FONT=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">&nbsp;<BR><EM>"Change is not made without inconv=
enience,=20
even from worse to better."</EM>&nbsp; Attributed to Richard Hooker, 1554=
? -1600=20
by Johnson in the <EM>Preface</EM> to the<EM> English=20
Dictionary.</EM></FONT></P>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV></DIV>
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader lang=3Den-us dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><=
FONT=20
  face=3DTahoma>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> owner-st@elsco=
m.com=20
  [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] <B>On Behalf Of </B>Doug Bailey<BR><B>Sent=
:</B>=20
  Sunday, May 23, 2004 12:54 AM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
  ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<BR><B>Subject:</B> [ST] 10/10ths for=20
ACS<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>Hey All,</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>If I'll ride 10,000 miles can you make a donation?</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>I've decided to do a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society th=
is=20
  summer.&nbsp; I'm going to ride a 10/10ths ride (10,000 miles in 10 day=
s) for=20
  ACS July 2-11.&nbsp; It has been fours years of long distance riding on=
 the ST=20
  building up to this.&nbsp; I'm an experience LD rider and know this wil=
l be=20
  difficult to say the least, but last years 8 day, 7300 mile ride was a =
good=20
  measure for the 10/10ths ride&nbsp; My goal for the 10,000 mile ride is=
 to=20
  raise $10,000.&nbsp; With this high goal I'll be asking the motorcycle=20
  industry and motorcycling community for donations.&nbsp; </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Of course I'm covering all expenses of the trip so that all donati=
ons go=20
  to ACS.&nbsp;&nbsp;The local chapter has given me a web page with their=
 Relay=20
  for Life pages so that you can make online donations directly to ACS at=
 <A=20
  href=3D"http://www.acsevents.org/relay/in/allencounty";>www.acsevents.or=
g/relay/in/allencounty</A>.&nbsp;=20
  Select Sponsor a Participant and input my name, Doug Bailey.&nbsp; Or i=
f you=20
  would prefer to send a check it can be made out to American Cancer Soci=
ety and=20
  mailed to American Cancer Society, 111 E. Ludwig Road, Suite 105,&nbsp;=
Fort=20
  Wayne, IN,&nbsp; 46825, Attn: Carmen Parker.&nbsp; On your check note t=
hat it=20
  is for Doug's Motorcycle Ride.&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>I want to keep this short here so if you have any questions about =
my=20
  ride, why I'm doing this, or the American Cancer Society please contact=
 me off=20
  list at <A href=3D"mailto:Dougthe2WF@xxxxxxx";>Dougthe2WF@xxxxxxx</A>.</=

  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>For those of you annoyed that I'm asking for donations on the ST/R=
S list,=20
  well, I'm sorry.&nbsp; With the enormity of the ride and the amount I'm=
=20
  wanting to raise I need to get all the generosity from the motorcycle=20
  community as I can.&nbsp; I have a 2000 ST, that will turn 100K miles t=
his=20
  year,&nbsp;and have been a lister since, I just don't send much anymore=
=2E</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Thank you for your help.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>