[ST] Re: fast idle problem

I had an almost-but-not-quite-entirely-different
problem ... fast idling when the engine was WARM. That
turned out to be throttle butterflies out of synch, so
one or more was still cracked open slightly even with
the throttle shut.

That's probably NOT your problem, but while I was
tracking mine down I also found out that the air idle
control valve can easily go wrong. It has air hoses
going into it which can crack or pop off at the valve
or some way away and leak air, messing it up, and more
seriously it also has wires in and out of it to the
computer which can break or corrode or fall off,
fooling the engine management into going badly wrong.

To me your problem sounds like an electrical/computer
problem. You can check out the hose and wire
connections easily yourself, so maybe try that before
paying for a mechanic...

Barry
2000 RS