Re: [ST] Pissed off Tonight.

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 20:39, Thomas Emberson wrote:
> simonb wrote:
> > Feeling very pissed off with a Triumph ST that can't keep up with a
> > bloody Volvo down the Motorway. I had it against the stop for 5 miles.
> > The Volvo just pissed off into the distance. Even my 10 year old ZXR750
> > is faster than the ST. I thought it was 118 BHP especially with a race
> > can and tune. Me thinks it's more like 100. What does the list think?
>
> hmmm, smells like bait, but, just in case this is not
>
> what Volvo?

Great big thing. Very posh.

> what Speed?

155 - 160 on the ST about 145 150 in real terms.

> luggage on the ST?

No

> How big is the rider/gear?

I did have waterproof kit on over leathers. Quite bulky. But I mean It
should do 165 me thinks. But perhaps not. I did have a GSXR1000 before
it. I've never taken the ST flat out one up before this. I was a tad
disappointed.

> If you 3 piece luggage, big rider with loose clothing than yes, a Volvo
> with the high pressure T5 might have a higher top end. Aerodymanics.

All you cars are restricted to 155 mph. I though the ST would do 165 or
at least 155...

> But it still smells fishy...

Not really. It's just a bit of a blow out on the commute from work.
I can understand why Triumph have upped the cc on the new model.