Re: [ST] Anyone using 'real' handlebars?

- -------------------------------1099919325

In a message dated 11/7/2004 12:19:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rnjwes@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Doug wrote:
> I am using HeliBar adapters with bars off of a Honda ST1100.

Doug,
I'd be interested is seeing pics of your installation.  I have Heli adaptors
with Bandit 1200 bars - a wonderful transformation for this aging, abused
body - but they cannot be adjusted so they clear the windshield supports
without having the switchgear contact the tank at full lock.  Granted, it is
amusing to be able to honk the horn while performing a tight reverse turn
but not always desirable...

- --Rick in Oregon
  '01 Sprint ST
Rick, I forgot to mention that I had to re-position my fairing forward and
upward to allow clearance for the bars. It also required removing the bottom
part of the fairing since it would now be in contact with the exhaust. I had the
exhaust system ceramic coated so it looks great. It was a bit of work, making
adapters for the fairing mounting brackets to facilitate re-positioning the
fairing but I'm very satisfied with the results. If you want I will e-mail you
pictures.
Doug

- -------------------------------1099919325

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2523" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 11/7/2004 12:19:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, rnjwes@=
comcast.net writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial>Doug wrote:<BR>&gt; I am using HeliBar adapter=
s with bars off of a Honda ST1100. <BR><BR>Doug,<BR>I'd be interested is see=
ing pics of your installation.&nbsp; I have Heli adaptors<BR>with Bandit 120=
0 bars - a wonderful transformation for this aging, abused<BR>body - but the=
y cannot be adjusted so they clear the windshield supports<BR>without having=
 the switchgear contact the tank at full lock.&nbsp; Granted, it is<BR>amusi=
ng to be able to honk the horn while performing a tight reverse turn<BR>but=20=
not always desirable...<BR><BR>--Rick in Oregon<BR>&nbsp; '01 Sprint ST</FON=
T></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV>Rick, I forgot to mention that I had to re-position my fairing forward=20=
and upward to allow clearance for the bars. It also required removing the bo=
ttom part of the fairing since it would now be in contact with the exhaust.=20=
I had the exhaust system ceramic coated so it looks great. It was a bit of w=
ork, making adapters for the fairing mounting brackets to facilitate&nbsp;re=
- -positioning the fairing but I'm very satisfied with the results.&nbsp;If yo=
u want I will e-mail you pictures.</DIV>
<DIV>Doug&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>