[ST] ST totaled

Blake, since you are only getting anecdotal evidence, I might as well
throw in my 2 cents.

My ST was totaled by my insurance company shortly after the RotLE Coast
to Coast ride this last spring.  It had been down on both sides, ripping
off both bags and breaking the Skyking frame slider on the port (left)
side.  Just about every piece of plastic was scratched, but the bike was
perfectly rideable, after replacing the front wheel and beating out the
dent in the rear.

First the insurance company.  They offered me $7,700.00 (US) for the
bike, less my $500.00 deductible, including the $1,000.00 in personal
property. The PP included the sliders, a pair of boots and anything on
the bike that Triumph didn't supply on delivery. In addition, they paid
for the new front wheel I had to install to get home.  I took the money.

I could have purchased the bike and parted it out, but elected not too,
with enough projects to hold me a while already.

Secondly, the sliders.  The bike went down in dirt on the port side and
broke the bolt on the slider.  No damage to the mounts.  Speed was
probably 30/40 mph.

Ditto the dirt on the starboard side, with speed lower and a high side.
The bolt on the slider bent, but did not shear.  No damage to the
mounts.

I have put Skyking sliders on my Tiger and will continue to do so on any
bikes I own, provided John makes the part.  Obviously dirt has an effect
on how the sliders perform.  They might be stressed less, but provide
less protection to the plastic, cutting their way into the surface,
rather than "sliding" as they would on asphalt.

Since we sell Skyking products at a discount, I would interested in any
lister experience with that brand that resulted in damage to the bike
and an estimate of the impact speed.  I can forward it on to John if he
doesn't pick it up off the list.

Glad you are all of a piece and ready to ride again.  Be well, ride
well.

Andy

Andrew F. Kay, Jr.
Riders of the Lost Empire, LC,  13355 79th Street, Fellsmere, FL 32948
www.lostempire.com   andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Eternal law has arranged nothing better than this, that it has given us
one way in to life, but many ways out."  Seneca 4 B.C./A.D. 65,
Epistulae Morales