From: Nathan Maher nate@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 08:27:32 -0500
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] ST totaled

Blake,

Man that sounds like a bummer... but most importantly you're feeling well
enough to be angry about it ;).  If it were me I'd probably try to part the
bike out, of course that depends on what your insurance company would pay
out for it and also what your current financial situation is.  You might
consult with a place like Baxter Cycles and see what they feel the bike
would be worth whole to them as a parts bike, it might at least get you an
idea of what it's worth.  As an insurance claim I'd say you're likely to see
in the neighborhood of $5k for a 2000 ST.  Who knows, you might get some RS
owner like me who'd be willing to buy the whole back end from you to do a
SSSA conversion?

I'd also stay the hell away from having the frame/engine welded.  And this
is coming from a structural engineer who firmly believes that the proper
weld will produce a strong enough joint.  A wrecked bike, in my opinion, is
always going to be a wrecked bike.  There may be other issues that arise as
a result of the accident that haven't been brought to light yet.

http://mail2web.com/ .

End of st-digest V2004 #611