Re: [ST] Pissed off Tonight.

been musing over this one Simon since the initial post.

personally i like the ST as it fits into the type of bike i enjoy. To
compare the GSXR1000 with the ST is strange. I would understand the
Daytona 955i as they are similar function bikes but the ST is in a
different bracket.

Last year an associate of mine took a new GSXR1000 from Aberdeen
Scotland, over to Germany and back. Sore wrists, back and bum killed
the thrill of the fast speeds achieved on the German autobahn. Had he
done it on an ST he would have no pains as described due to the
positioning on the bike and he probably wouldnt have touched the
autobahns staying on the long twisties that are in abundance. He sold
the GSXR immediately on his return dispointed with it. Wrong bike for
that type of activity.

with my schedule its harder for me to tour around scotland much any
more and riding has been mainly for commuting in all weathers.
Seriously considering the speed triple as an appropriate bike
alternative but after 4 years of ST it will be a hard decision to
make.

on a side note, i make a personal limit on 125mph. Ive been and i can
go faster, but i want to get home as well to enjoy my familly.

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:09:12 +0000, simonb <simonb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I used to have a GSXR1000 before the ST. I still love the ST though...

- --
iPat
live for today, live for tomorrow