Re: [ST] cold air and zippers

One of the things I like about this list is finding out what works for
other people so I don't have to buy everything to see if it works for me.

   Someone on the list was talking about First Gear Kilimanjaro jackets
and I was in the market for something to use in both winter and summer
in California. I ended up getting one. It has flaps over all zippers in
addition to Velcro over all flaps. It has super Velcro at the cuffs
which keep air out of the sleeves. I am still finding new pockets in
this thing a year later. It has a zip in liner, a place to put a water
bottle, and elastic near the bottom which keeps the jacket from riding
up and letting cold air in. Every time I go out in the cold with this
thing on I am amazed at its usefulness. It has armor and vents for
summer time riding. It  has vents in the sleeves and the back and the
front.  I'll admit that when it gets up into the 90's I usually opt out
for a mesh jacket, but when I do I miss all the pockets the Kilimanjaro
has in it.
Al
San Martin, Ca.