[ST] for Richard - cornering techniques

 >>> How is that done?  To keep the rear arc as close as I can to the
front arc, do I slide the rear or reduce the lean angle by hanging
off more? or a little of both? <<<

   Paul Smart crashed out of a lot of races on his way to fame and
fortune
his mechanic (Nobby Clark as I recall) suggested a hanging-off
technique might help him go faster;... it did and he was about the
first to use it.
It had the added benefit for Nobby that when Paul fell off, he fell
under it and didn't break it.   =;o)   Crew chiefs everywhere loved
the concept! Theoretically, power sliding the rear just enough to
minimize the front wheel scrub is the fastest way around due to
decreased friction drag, but it's a hell of a balancing act for all
but the top professionals.  Most amateur racers have to be content
with using all the power they can without sliding the rear while
pushing the front as little as possible.

   If you haven't yet done a lot of sliding around on the dirt,
THAT'S where you want to learn the techniques.  If you want to learn
in a hurry -
 and have a hell of a lot of fun doing it - go to any one of Danny
Walker/ Chris Carr's American Supercamp dirt track schools.     =8o)

               http://www.americansupercamp.com

                                  Have fun;
                                                 doggydoo