[ST] Re: Handle bars, ST vs. RS

> I have an '00 RS.  My wrists are turned down or my
> hands grab the grips diagonally.  Are the ST grips
> straighter and maybe a little higher? Would they be
> more comfortable on my RS?

I also have a 00 RS. Which I fitted ST bars to years
ago. They're about 1" higher, 1" further back, and not
so raked back. More like regular touring bars.

Actually I personally preferred the more raked angle
of the RS bars for 'fit' to my palms, but my back and
wrists couldn't handle the forward stance they gave,
so I'm happier overall with the ST bars.

They fit the bike *almost* perfectly, although you'll
find the little locating pegs in back of the RS
switches don't line up with the guide holes in the ST
bars. I just filed the pegs off, but I know more
exacting folk have drilled new holes in the right
place on the bars, to stop the switches sliding about.
The stock cables fit fine, but while I was doing it I
also rerouted the clutch cable, both to gain some
extra length and to give it a smoother path.

Barry
2000 RS